Re: Tasks

On Tue, 2008-07-29 at 13:46 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Mark> Maybe a nice "little" task to investigate is the catch syscall
> Mark> support.  That might give someone a "simple" entry into the gdb
> Mark> catch mechanism.  (little and simple in quotes, since I didn't
> Mark> actually investigate myself much)
>
> I think this is a very interesting idea.
>
> Offhand I would say, those of us at Red Hat already have a full list
> with stuff just directly related to C++.  Maybe somebody else could
> implement this :-)

I'm considering this. For a first step, we could catch the syscall but
not interpret the arguments.

There's the question of how GDB would know about the syscall arguments.
Kernel debuginfo? That's the cleanest solution I think. But I don't know
if such debuginfo exists today.
--
[]'s
Thiago Jung Bauermann