Re: Meeting Agenda 2008-08-06

Tom> Honestly I wonder if this estimation thing is worth the effort --
Tom> comments?

Phil> Estimates are good to have, they keep us (well me) honest, and
Phil> establish a base-criteria for measuring progress. That being said,
Phil> it's a very difficult task to create an accurate estimate when one
Phil> does not have a thorough knowledge of the problem. Any estimate before
Phil> this point will be inaccurate. Also an estimate has to be weighted to
Phil> the person doing the work.

Definitely true.

I didn't communicate this well (or maybe at all) but I realize that at
this point we can only come up with rough estimates.  Both the
problems and the code are relatively unknown to us.

So, break things into tasks as best you can, and estimate the tasks
using a 1 month granularity.  We will revisit the estimates and the
milestones periodically to refine them.

Tom