Re: [RFC] Set unwindonsignal to on by default

Jan Kratochvil wrote:
On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:52:29 +0200, Phil Muldoon wrote:
Do you think a breakpoint on std::terminate and the new flag to unwind only
on termination signals a better solution?

IMO it is. I hope it is clear a better way would be besides the dummy stack
frame to create also a dummy exception handler record.
I disagree here. Creating a dummy exception handler is altering the inferior behaviour. If the programmer decided to write her program to handle exceptions "out-of-frame" and we - for the convenience of an inferior function call - create dummy exception handler records in-frame, it's close to interfering with that behaviour. I've no objection to telling the user, "O something went wrong here, an exception was thrown and we don't know what to do with it in the context of an inferior function call." I think that is totally acceptable. I just don't like the fact that right now, the inferior is terminated because of that. That's not a good user experience.

Regards

Phil