Re: [python][rfc] Rename gdb.current_frame to gdb.newest_frame.

Thiago> El mar, 16-12-2008 a las 20:20 -0200, Thiago Jung Bauermann escribiÃ:
>> I'm documenting gdb.Frame. In the process, I realized that
>> gdb.current_frame is not a good name for what it really provides. I
>> decided to call it gdb.newest_frame, to maintain consistency with the
>> gdb.Frame.older and gdb.Frame.newer methods. What do you think?

Thiago> I just committed this. I figured silence means people agree or don't
Thiago> care. :-) It's easy enough to change if someone disagrees.

Yeah -- be bold.

Sorry for not responding to that note.  I miss things sometimes.  You
can always ping me if you really want a response :)

>> Also, it seems to me that caller_is and caller_matches should call
>> gdb.selected_frame instead of gdb.newest_frame, but I'm not really sure.
>> This patch makes the change. What do you think?

Thiago> But I kept caller_is and caller_matches using gdb.newest_frame, since I
Thiago> don't use these functions so I am not sure of what is expected by their
Thiago> users.

Hah, me neither.  But I think using the selected frame is perhaps better.

My use for this function is on a breakpoint condition, where the
distinction doesn't matter.  But one could imagine using it in
"commands", after an "up-silent" or something...

Tom