Re: plan for python inferiors, threads, and events

>> On Tuesday 30 December 2008 23:14:15, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
>> So I figured I'd just ask gdb.threads() for a list of threads, search
>> our live threads list for a matching thread, and print its name.

Pedro> [if/when considering reimplementing a special "info threads" in
Pedro> python is overkill]

Yeah, it kind of is overkill.  OTOH, it is more convenient to go this
route, because it lets one write app- or organization-specific
commands without hacking gdb itself.  Scripts are simpler to deploy.

Pedro> Sounds like you wanted a hook similar to target_extra_thread_info, but
Pedro> in the app/scripting domain.

Thanks for the tip :)

Tom