Re: Using Python to infer some internal data

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 09:03:49PM -0800, Caz Yokoyama wrote:
> I agree. It uses add-symbol-file to add symbols for loadable modules. I
> thought my code should use add-symbol-file (or underneath functions). My
> concern here is

It'd be even better to use the shared library list (so that info
shared works).  There is not a Python way to do that - yet.  But I
definitely think there will be.

> - Is there its counter part for Linux kernel?
> - Is the code which break-in kernel when gdb is starts valuable? Before gdb
> is started for Linux kernel, we have to type Ctrl+Alt+SysRq and g to break
> in to kernel. My code sends BREAK and g to kernel through serial port to
> break in. This code is mine and 16 lines.

Yes, that is useful, but I'd like to find some way to set it that is
not special on the name of the file being debugged.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery