Re: [python] leaks from pretty printers

I've edited the subject of this thread ...

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon@redhat.com> wrote:

> Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
>>
>> Here is what I see after 'git pull' and rebuild today:
>>
> Thanks, I'll look at the log in more detail.  I'm kind of curious if we
> include the python suppression here:
>
> http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/Misc/valgrind-python.supp

I don't see anything there that would suppress any of the leaks in
my report.

> if we could narrow down the number of leaks.  My brief smoke test (attached
> output) with suppressions shows some areas of interest. It is by no means
> comprehensive, though.

It looks like you are using --with-pymalloc python (the default),
and it looks like this many be preventing VG from accurate leak
detection.

Also, you probably would want to increase VG --num-callers parameter
from default 10, so you can see which parts of GDB are causing the
17336-byte possible leak.

Cheers,
--
Paul Pluzhnikov