Re: New branch for Fedora 11 merges

Jan> Also please if you get some parts of the branch (as happened
Jan> multiple times for archer-tromey-python) accepted for FSF GDB
Jan> please git-revert (or just unpatch/commit) that part and freshly
Jan> merge it with origin/master (after its update from gdb/master).
Jan> Otherwise it is a lot of later looking up which variant is the
Jan> more recent - if it got updated during the FSF GDB discussions
Jan> before it got accepted for FSF GDB or if it got updated in Archer
Jan> since the FSF GDB accept.

Pardon my git ignorance here, but why doesn't "git merge master", plus
fixing up the conflicts, also have the desired effect?

The issue with revert is that, at least on that branch, the commits
don't always correspond to upstream patches, because we're submitting
things in a different order than we write them.

Tom