Re: froggy plans

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Chris> From comments during the mtg, I think what I need to do now is
> Chris> back off from wedging froggy into gdb for a while and go back
> Chris> to working on froggy itself.
>
> I would recommend trying to get some minimal milestone of gdb/froggy
> integration working before putting a whole lot of effort into
> upgrading froggy internally.

The only things that might be kinda second-tier are the memory access
and ubp; I guess I could de-emphasise those two for a while.

> Your list looks great in the abstract,
> but it isn't clear to me how much of that is really needed for gdb
> integration.
>
> E.g., how bad is the buffering problem really?  At the meeting, Jan
> suggested that not many events could possibly be buffered, because gdb
> will expect a thread to be suspended in response to almost any change.

I'm trying to avoid having froggy turn into a gdb-only thing.  Uses such
as a froggy-based strace can generate a /bunch/ of events--it was to
handle that exact case that I stuck the page-sized ring buffer in the
froggy kernel.

Chris

--
Chris Moller

  I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but
  I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
      -- Robert McCloskey