[python] how best to support colorized output? (with example colorizedbacktrace)

Not too long ago I hacked up the example python backtrace command to provide colorized output.

blog post:
http://www.visophyte.org/blog/2009/03/04/gaudily-colorized-gdb-backtraces-woo/

repo:
http://hg.mozilla.org/users/bugmail_asutherland.org/pythongdb-gaudy/

Thiago dropped by and commented, suggesting I post about it here.

While my solution was never intended to make it upstream (and should not), I'd be interesting in finding out how colorized output could be implemented that could be integrated.

Thiago mentioned that Tom had some ideas on this subject, and I'd be particularly interested in hearing them.

Thanks,
Andrew