Re: [python][rfc] Attempt to print the base class if a there is no Python pretty-printer for a derived class.

Paul> I can't tell whether the patch would work for 'class X: public Y ...'

It will.

gdb today has some special code for printing C++ classes.  This code
first recurses into base classes, then prints the derived class' fields.

What Phil's patch does is hook into this to try to pretty-print a base
class.  So, it should apply generally.

Paul> Also, here is an earlier thread on the same subject:
Paul> http://sourceware.org/ml/archer/2008-q4/msg00503.html

Now that pretty-printers are not registered by type, I think the patch
in this thread won't work as-is.  A given printer can still be made
completely generic, though, if that is what you want; it just has to
look at the base classes itself.

Tom