Re: error using pretty printing

Tom Tromey wrote:
With today's git you need to run two commands first:

    python import gdb.libstdcxx.v6.printers
    python gdb.libstdcxx.v6.printers.register_libstdcxx_printers(None)

FWIW the: "python gdb.libstdcxx.v6.printers.register_libstdcxx_printers(None)" step is not necessary as the git upstream version of printers.py still does this step for you. So when you import it, it automatically registers the lookup-function. I believe the copy of printers.py in the rawhide Fedora rpm (which uses hooks) is where this was removed. At least this is the case for me.

It sure will be nice when this is all automatic, whether it is one statement or two ;)

Regards

Phil