Re: FYI: removing the libstdc++ pretty-printers

Tom> So, I think it is time to remove the printers from archer.

Paul> Is it?

Paul> Many users will be using GCC 3.4.6 ... 4.4.0 for a very long time (at
Paul> least 5 years from now) and could use libstdc++ pretty printers in GDB,
Paul> but will not get them until gcc-4.5.0 ships and they upgrade to it.

Paul> Is there a way for these users to get GDB STL pretty printers without
Paul> GCC upgrade?

They can check out just the libstdc++/python directory from gcc svn.
Then they just need to work out the code to load the printers...

While that is not super friendly, I think it is pretty important that
we maintain the printers (1) alongside the code they work with, and
(2) in a single place.

Tom