Re: [Keith Seitz] Re: [tools-team] Status 2008-09-01

Tom> This seems like a generic bug, though. ÂSo, it could be fixed either
Tom> separately or at the same time the default is flipped.

Dragos> Why is this a bug? Isn't objectprint supposed to follow up to
Dragos> the original/true type?

I see what you mean.

But, it seems like it would be a little more user-friendly to print the
original type name if we examine the runtime type and find that it is
identical to the declared type (after typdef stripping).

Dragos> Maybe it's not such a good idea to show up in mid struct. Maybe
Dragos> display the usual output and then print warnings on following
Dragos> lines. Dunno' if it's actually possible (noob alert!).

Probably not easily, but I'm sure it could be managed.
But, when printing a long structure this is likely to be more confusing.

Tom