Re: Fedora 13: Please update your branch with "master"

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 22:06:47 +0100, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Jan> 	archer-pmuldoon-next-over-throw
> Jan> 	archer-tromey-delayed-symfile
> Jan> 	archer-tromey-python
>
> I merged master into each of these.

Thanks.

Rebasing archer-jankratochvil-pie, both for CVS HEAD and for this fedora merge.

> I needed a slightly newer master for next-over-throw due to a
> since-fixed bug on the trunk.  So, delayed-symfile lags a little... if
> that matters, let me know and I can do another merge to it.

In fact with GIT one does not even notice during a merge it is against
a different master point unless there occur some conflicts.  So update of
a branch without resolving conflict (which I presume would be this case) is
a nop.

> Finally, I made a few minor changes (to fix regressions) in the code
> while doing the merge.  In retrospect I think this was a mistake, I
> probably should have done separate commits.

Thanks for the notice.  I thought that this probably happened here and there
as sometimes I do it by mistake myself.  So just ignoring the rebase checkins
is not right and one should rather revert+resolve the master changes (to get
feature branch against gdb-7.0).

Thanks,
Jan