Re: find-debuginfo.sh change for gdb index

Tom> For a symbol file X, it looks for X.gdb-index.

Roland> It's not clear to me what that means in the separate .debug case.
Roland> If "symbol file" means the file with the DWARF, then that file is
Roland> foo.debug so you will be looking for foo.debug.gdb-index.

Right, that is what we do.

Roland> I think it is preferable for the packaging not to add the new symlinks.
Roland> It doesn't seem like we really need them, since you can look at the
Roland> .build-id/xx/yyy.debug symlink target name instead.

Sounds good.

In this case I think the most recent patch I sent is the one to use.

Tom