Re: find-debuginfo.sh change for gdb index

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, Roland McGrath wrote:

IMHO that procedure is now hairy enough that it really should be
encapsulated in some script provided by gdb (and maintained upstream if
the gdb support itself is upstream).  Not to mention that all other
users of the index support would want such a script to use by hand,
integrate into a different package system, etc.

i.e., find-debuginfo.sh would just add:

gdb-add-index "$f" > /dev/null 2>&1

Sounds good to me. Also if it were an external script that might not be there (depending on gdb-version), find-debuginfo.sh can do

[ -x /usr/bin/gdb-add-index ] && /usr/bin/gdb-add-index "$f" \
    > /dev/null 2>&1

making it nicer for upstreaming. Of course for F >= 14 we still want rpm-build to require gdb to consistently get the indexes.

- Panu -