Re: gdbstub initial code, another approach

On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 16:41:24 +0200, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> IOW, you think that it is better to shift gdbserver into kernel-space than
> port the existing one to the new API or write the new one in user space ?

So far I just assumed kernel-space ugdb is the plan.  As I wrote before I do
not know gdbserver too much.

If you check gdb/gdbserver/linux-low.c it is just one big ptrace/wait/\/proc
interface.  I would guess it could be more simple with the utrace API at hand.

Catching up with systemtap's 200x higher software-watchpoint performance over
current (local) gdb (described in "[debug-list] Utrace Discussion Notes" off
this list) could be easier with in-kernel gdb I thought.

Thanks,
Jan