Re: gdbstub initial code, v7

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 22:06:32 +0200, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> I assume that qXfer:siginfo:read always mean Hg thread.

It seems so.

> It is not clear to me what should ugdb report if there is no a valid
> siginfo.  linux_xfer_siginfo() return E01, but gdbserver uses SIGSTOP to
> stop the tracee,

I find error more appropriate in such case.

> Likewise, it is not clear what should ugdb do if gdb sends
> $CSIG in this case.

Currently GDB does not do anything special, that is if there is siginfo for
signal SIGUSR1 but one does $C0B (SIGSEGV) does ptrace reset the siginfo or is
left the SIGUSR1 siginfo for SIGSEGV?

> But this all is minor, I think.

As this is being discussed for GDB I would find enough to just make $_siginfo
accessible without these details.

Thanks,
Jan