Re: gdbstub initial code, v9

On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 18:07:00 +0200, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> I guess, I misunderstood the subsequent discussion as if non-stop is
> more important or preferred (I do not know how people use gdb). That
> is why I switched to non-stop.

I would find non-stop as a more general solution.  In non-stop mode one still
can stop each and all the threads manually.  But in all-stop mode one cannot
keep the (other) threads running.

> So, in the long term, which mode is more useful? And, I suppose that
> (unfortunately ;) ugdb should support both ?

Just people are more used to the all-stop mode and also the testsuite cases do
not expect non-stop so for the compatibility reasons (both with humans and
with the testsuite) the all-stop mode at ugdb probably makes sense.

all-stop mode could be also emulated probably from the GDB client side.
Still not suitable for some specially crafted testsuite cases but those may
not be applicable for various reasons to ugdb anyway.

Thanks,
Jan