Re: Added branch for compiling with c++-compat

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Keith Seitz <keiths@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 09/16/2010 02:43 PM, Matt Rice wrote:
>>
>> I actually haven't tried, but I imagine so,
>> 'make clean' fails to clean in the gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk
>> directory it looks like the directory appeared after a recent commit
>>
>> It may only happen after running make check.
>
> I've updated master and tried this. I am not seeing any errors. Tried make
> check, too. gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk does not appear on master, either
> (although it is still in CVS).
>
> If you can find the right formula for reproducing this, let
me know.

thats weird that you're not seeing it, you are using git or cvs?

http://sourceware.org/git/?p=archer.git;a=tree;f=gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk;h=ebbdaf8af5b184f6a4a1ed7ee387c7b199e5f407;hb=cf7b7b38fd5f32865f0c91d1b6f929c08e04ff0a

http://sourceware.org/git/?p=gdb.git;a=tree;f=gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk;h=ebbdaf8af5b184f6a4a1ed7ee387c7b199e5f407;hb=cf7b7b38fd5f32865f0c91d1b6f929c08e04ff0a

http://sourceware.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk/?cvsroot=src

make[5]: Entering directory `/home/ratmice/git/gdb/gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk'
make[5]: *** No rule to make target `clean'.  Stop.
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/ratmice/git/gdb/gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk'
make[4]: *** [clean] Error 2

[ratmice@willow gdb]$ git diff
[ratmice@willow gdb]$ git branch
* master

all i did to reproduce was

 ./configure --disable-gdbtk && make distclean && ./configure && make
&& make clean

[ratmice@willow gdb]$ git checkout 3307a59dab65689ff1cad93f78a3f0ef34b7ddb0

[ratmice@willow gdb]$ ls gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk
ls: cannot access gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk: No such file or directory

[ratmice@willow gdb]$ git checkout 76d14d8e5fbdcd8381b9b89042f2a3b1e433e431

[ratmice@willow gdb]$ ls gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk/
browser.exp  console.exp       c_variable.exp  windows.exp
ChangeLog    cpp_variable.exp  srcwin.exp

so the 2010-08-10 commit managed to pull in all the history from the
files the commit modified, the rest of the gdb.gdbtk files which were
unmodified by that commit don't appear to be in the git repositories.
(and Makefile.in is not one of them so make clean fails).

i imagine someone with commit access to the gdb git repository just
needs to delete the gdb/testsuite/gdb.gdbtk directory.