Re: IBM S/370 and binutils

It's been rumoured that Alan Modra said:

> On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, David and Jannette Uczen wrote:
>
> > I built binutils-2.9.5.0.14 with target=i370-elf, assembled an empty .s file
> > to get an ELF binary. When I used readelf, it said the machine type was
> > 0xf00f (unkown).

I was not aware that Ian was the maintainer for the FSF copy of
binutils, and/or that patches sent to hjlu didn't 'automagically'
end up in Ian's source tree.  I signed all the copyright assignments
some 6-9 months ago, and hope to pursue with Ian the formalities of
getting the changes merged in.

--linas