Re: Binutils linker bug?

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 10:23:22PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > But I couldn't get the testcase to pull in pthread symbols without adding the
> > pthread_self() call to the main program.
>
> I think you get the same result if you use write() instead of
> pthread_self() in your main program.  libpthread overrides several
> system calls that can block for a long time to make them cancellation
> points.  In this context the fact that `write' is weak in libc.so but
> an ordinary symbol in libpthread.so.

Well, I tested this (using write()) and that got the testcase I really meant
to send :) No calls to pthread specific functions and still a libpthread
version requirement in the main program.

Wether this is to be bugfixed by glibc or binutils, or both,
I leave to you :)

Kars.
Kars de Jong             Signaalkamp rules the waves!       Turrican@Discworld