Re: objcopy with MRI ieee-695 files

   From: "K&D Kelsch" <kkelsch111@prodigy.net>
   Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 18:25:17 -0700

   Using m68k-coff-objcopy, I'm trying to convert ieee-695 object files built
   with the Microtec m68k compiler/linker to coff-m68k object files.  I have
   made the necessary modifications to allow m68k-coff-objdump and
   m68k-coff-objcopy to recognize the file format and the conversion works for
   about 90% files, but I get a file not found error on the input file for the
   other 10%.  I have traced through the source code and found that in the
   files that fail there are one or more occurrences of zero length sections.
   I'm not sure if there is a problem with the Microtec linker in leaving out
   these sections or there is a problem with m68k-coff-objcopy in not handling
   the zero length sections.

You didn't mention which version of the binutils you are using.

What changes did you have to make to objdump and objcopy to recognize
the file format?

What is the exact error message you are getting?  I don't see why you
would be getting a literal ``file not found'' error.

If BFD has trouble handling zero length sections in IEEE files, then
that is a bug in BFD.

Ian