Re: GNU-ld behaviour does not match native linker behaviour

Hi Ian,

: So, Nick, it now looks to me like your original patch is the right way
: to go.
:
: The old patch is not very efficient, but I suppose the inefficiency
: only arises when you use a common symbol in a main program and that
: symbol name appears in an archive map.  We must check whether the
: symbol in the archive element is common or defined, and that is what
: your patch did.

Ho Hum!  One of those days.  OK I have now reverted the patch that I
applied last night, and I am going to find, apply and test my old
patch before I resubmit it to this list.

Cheers
	Nick