RE: Re C4x patch

hi Nick,
	I would prefer that the patch I made against binutils-2.9.1 is
not used to patch against the CVS tree.  When I originally created a
patch against the CVS tree in June, I uncovered lots of little issues
like the ones you have mentioned, and so I have fixed a lot of these
problems already.  As Ian mentioned, the main concern is that I
haven't adequately ensured that I don't break other ports.  Your
help here is greatly appreciated. :)
I have generated a patch against CVS@24-dec-1999, but I'm having
a problem in that gas core dumps.  I am planning to send this to you
as soon as I get this sorted out, as well as addressing your other
comments.
I have also broken the patch up into 2 patches.  The first patch contains
only new files, so is guaranteed not to break any existing code, and the
second patch is all the modifications to existing code.  If you want, I can
send you the first patch to start the review process.

cheers
Greg