Re: Preprocessing oddity breaks binutils

    Andreas> <schwab@issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes: |> |> Andreas>
    Andreas> Thus the current behaviour of cpp is more in the spirit
    Andreas> |> Andreas> of the standard, and IMHO cpplib is wrong.
    Andreas> really specify behavior |> here.

    Andreas> Yes, it's implementation defined, and gcc documents the
    Andreas> current behaviour.

That's the best possible argument against my point of view.  If we
really documented this oddity, then it should probably stay.  And
cpplib should be changed.  Just for my own satisfaction, would you
mind pointing me at the place in the manual where we documented this?

    Andreas> If you have built in srcdir, then you must run make
    Andreas> distclean before you can build in a separate dir.  Then
    Andreas> you have no duplicate headers which is a Bad Thing to
    Andreas> start with.

Agreed.  But this is a really confusing failure mode!