Re: Your sparc change is ok?

On Mon, Jun 07, 1999 at 03:57:36PM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you run "make check" on Sparc before submitting your Sparc
> changes? I got many failures in the gas testsuites. It complains
> like
>
> sol-cc.s:10: Error: Illegal operands
>
> for
>
> 	sethi   %hi(msg),%o1
>
> Did I miss something?

It works just fine for me, I have tested it a lot on all possible variations
of the related instructions I could imagine.
Oh wait, how is your as configured?
Mine is
../configure --host=sparc-redhat-linux --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --enable-targets=sparc64-linux
(ie. configuration that all redhat/debian systems use). Maybe you used
an elf32_sparc only configuration, is it the case?
I'll configure it in my tree and see if I see any problems.

Cheers,
    Jakub
Jakub Jelinek | jj@sunsite.mff.cuni.cz | http://sunsite.mff.cuni.cz
Administrator of SunSITE Czech Republic, MFF, Charles University
UltraLinux  |  http://ultra.linux.cz/  |  http://ultra.penguin.cz/
Linux version 2.3.4 on a sparc64 machine (1343.49 BogoMips)