Re: binutils on PowerPC Linux APUS

   Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 07:20:25 -0400
   From: "F. Heitkamp" <fheitka@ibm.net>

   This is make check on PowerPC Linux on APUS (Amiga with PPC PowerUP
   card).  I used binutils 2.9.1.0.25, egcs-1.1.2, and glibc-2.1.1 for
   the build.  The kernel version is 2.2.8d.  Following the 'make check'
   results are the tar-gzipped-MIME binutils log files.

Here are some lines from the binutils.log file:

spawn /drives/work1/src/binutils-bin/binutils/ar rc tmpdir/artest.a tmpdir/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1 tmpdir/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz2
spawn failed

In fact, according to binutils.log, DejaGnu never managed to
successfully run a program.

If you can run the program /drives/work1/src/binutils-bin/binutils/ar
by hand, then I think the problem is in DejaGnu.  For some reason, it
is failing to actually start the program.

If you can not run the program by hand, then the bug is somewhere in
the way the programs were built.

Ian