Re: Your change to ldlang.c

   From: jeffdbREMOVETHIS@goodnet.com (Mikey)
   Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 06:13:57 GMT

   >	  /* When linking, duplicate sections of the same name should be
   >	    discarded, rather than being combined into a single section as
   >	    is usually done.  This is similar to how common symbols are
   >	    handled.  See SEC_LINK_DUPLICATES below.  */

   This is incorrect, it should read

   /* When linking, duplicate sections of the same name AND COMDAT SYMBOL should be discarded.

   Pei ld/bfd does not implement this
   correctly, which is part of the reason
   linking with vc5 implibs doesn't work.

Yes, I didn't want to get mired in this aspect of the issue.  It's
true that although SEC_LINK_ONCE sections were inspired by COMDAT
sections, they don't actually implement them correctly.

Fortunately Don Terry has patches to fix these problems with the PE
format, and he is working with me to get them into the mainline
sources.

Ian