Re: PATCH: add pa2.0 system instructions

  In message <14209.5087.709459.591226@gargle.gargle.HOWL>you write:
  > I mostly started playing to get in the extra opcodes for long displacement
  > float load/store but started to look at completing the pa2.0 support.  So I
  > added the easy (!) stuff first.
Certainly the way to go.  I started with the easy stuff too ;-)  The load/store
support is some of the ugliest stuff in the new PA2.0 support.  I'm hoping you
did a cleaner job than I so that I can toss my code in favor of yours instead
of trying to rewrite mine.

  > If you have pa2.0 already working, I suppose it's silly for me to keep
  > adding the stuff to the current incarnation.  Is there anything that would
  > make sense  here for me to keep playing with?
PA2.0 is basically working, though some of the code I'm not particularly happy
with (especially the PA2.0 load/store support).  Though as I continue to work
on the PA64 stuff I'm finding some problems with the PA2.0 support.

My plan is to clean up and contribute the stuff I did (that you haven't
already done) starting in mid July.  At the same time my development focus
is shifting to PA64 support (which will in turn stress the PA2.0 support).

I'll also be contributing gcc changes to support the new assembler syntax, so
there's no need to work on that, except from a testing standpoint.

There's still a variety of code generation issues that you may want to work
on.  For example finding more ways to make use of PA2.0 instructions, more
scheduling/code generation improvements, etc etc.  Having you look into this
stuff has been a great boon to the PA port.

jeff