readelf breakage.

For Interix, I normally do a bootstrap that starts from using the
native MS compiler and bootingstrapping from there.  In the process,
I end up building binutils with the MS compiler.  (This, obviously,
is a COFF/PE environment.)

The MS compiler doesn't have a long long (by that name) type,
and although it's possible to tapdance around the various conditionals,
it's messy (and useless in my case).

The readelf command is also useless in this environment, but as
long as it builds, it's not worth the brain cycles to try to save
the machine cycles.

However, with the patch:
1999-06-04  Nick Clifton  <nickc@cygnus.com>

        * readelf.c: Add support for 64bit ELF files.

readelf.c no longer builds because the 64-bit stuff doesn't
work on the MS compiler.  (I just got around to updating to the
latest stuff.)

Removing the #define BFD64 cures the problem so it will build.
I don't care if it executes.

I don't see anything in the Makefile (etc.) that makes readelf
optional (although there are indications that it may have been
thought about).

Now what?  Where does the fix belong?

Donn

Donn Terry                  mailto:donn@interix.com
Softway Systems, Inc.        http://www.interix.com
2850 McClelland Dr, Ste. 1800   Ft.Collins CO 80525
Tel: +1-970-204-9900           Fax: +1-970-204-9951