Re: PATCH: add pa2.0 system instructions

  In message <14213.4796.159208.605739@gargle.gargle.HOWL>you write:
  >  jeff> First, we're only using stuff in the printable ascii character set
  >  jeff> right now.  It works perfectly well to use stuff like \001.  Which i
  >  jeff> the road I started down.  However, it's not exactly great for
  >  jeff> readability.
  >
  > Ick.
To put it mildly.

  > to reconstruct it or dig it out of archives.  I didn't remember introducing
  > extra state variables when doing that.
In that case, I must have mis-read the patch.

  > I agree that the extra state stuff is a nuisance.  I've done some of the 64
  > bit conditional flag stuff by adding a flag that gets set and is detected
  > later.
Similarly.  Cleaning some of those up as best as I could is also on the
list of things I want to do before releasing that code.  I'm not happy with
the way that code works right now.

  > Ultimately, if we can free up enough codes to cover the new syntax, we
  > wouldn't have to play funky games with opcode names.
We need ~25 or so to make the assembler work.  Possibly few more for the
disassembler.

  > If you are willing to consider prefixing, we could also prefix the codes
  > for completers.  That would certainly free up enough codes to handle
  >  everything
I'm certainly willing to consider it.  I don't like using the non-ascii stuff.

jeff