Re: PATCH for 64-bit MIPS ELF buglets

  In message <19990712162135B.mitchell@codesourcery.com>you write:
  > Yowsers!  We definitely need a simpler way of regression-testing `ld';
  > that's *way* too much work to be doing on anything approximating a
  > regular basis.
Yup.  We definitely need a stronger ld testsuite.

Given a stronger ld testsuite, the kind of testing I mentioned serves as
a second level test.  ie, you run the ld testsuite regularly to make sure
nothing is totally busted, then once in a while you run the bigger test.

  > Thanks, though, for the details.  I will definitely save your message
  > for future reference.  It might even be nice to FAQ-entrify it!
The complexities involved in this kind of stuff is one of the reasons I'd
like to move towards a single CVS tree, even for the multiple projects since
it makes this kind of stuff a hell of a lot easier.

jeff