Re: .dynsym pain

On Tue, Jul 13, 1999 at 10:44:23PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>   Is MIPS really broken, or do you just think it is?

I know it is.

>   If you renumber the dynamic symbols by adding a constant to all of
> them when you add the new sections, then all should be well.

But I don't.  I completely re-issue numbers to those that had one before.

> And I'd think you'd want to do this in the generic case.

Nope.  In the general case I need to fill the holes left by
elf_link_assign_sym_version (previously also fixed up by
complete renumbering -- also after bed->size_dynamic_sections!)
and also fill holes left by moving the dynlocal symbols to
initial indicies.

So actually MIPS was broken by symbol versioning before my
change.  Now it's broken all the time.

I'm doubly convinced another sort is needed.

r~