Re: DJGPP and alignment

   From: "Mark E." <snowball3@bigfoot.com>
   Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 16:34:05 -0400

    From looking over the config files, it looks like an easy thing to do to
   add generic i386 ELF. From looking over gas, it seems like it can
   generate  one object format without having to reconfigure. Did I miss
   something or is there a way I've overlooked?

It's easy to add ELF support to BFD, ld, and the binutils proper.
It's not easy to make a single gas binary generate either ELF or COFF.
However, I believe Robert Lipe did have this working for SCO, and his
code is in the tree, so it might be reasonably simple for this
specific combination.

Ian