Memory exhaustion on pa test case?

When I run the test set through gas (recent snapshot),
gas/testsuite/hppa/parse/block2.s causes gas to consume massive memory.  The
test is trying to use

 .block -1

I get the impression that gas is trying to allocate 4G of memory.  Is this
supposed to happen?  Or is there a bug in gas here?  I don't know enough about
gas to evaluate this, but there does seem to be a problem.

Should there be range checking going on?

Jerry

--
Jerry Quinn                             Tel: (514) 761-8737
jquinn@nortelnetworks.com               Fax: (514) 761-8505