Re: 2.9.5.0.10 ld dumps core when /DISCARD/ is used

   Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 09:29:41 -0700
   From: Zack Weinberg <zack@bitmover.com>

   I am using H.J.'s 2.9.5.0.10 binutils package.  Using /DISCARD/ in a
   ld script causes the linker to dump core when invoked.

Thanks for the bug report and test case.  Unfortunately, I can not
recreate it with the current development sources.  Perhaps the bug,
whatever it is, has been fixed.

Incidentally, a simpler way to do what you appear to be trying to do
is to use the --remove-section option of objcopy.

Ian