BFD questions

  Hi.  I'm writing a decompiler, and I want to use bfd and the
disassembler code in binutils to get the initial code to work with (which
will then be transformed to gcc's RTL representation in a Scheme program).
   Anyway, I've been reading BFD's manual, and I would like to get some
more information on the canonical format.  In particular, I want to find
out how to resolve symbol references in the disassembled code.  This would
be very useful in decompiling shared libraries or executables that export
symbols to shared libraries/refer to symbols in shared libraries.  The
objdump's disassembler appears to only resolve symbol references that are
in the text section (i.e. function names) even when there are a lot of
data symbols available.
   By the way, objdump doesn't seem to recognize .dll symbol tables when
given the -t or -T flags.
   Alternatively, if anyone has a recommendation for docs I can read to
see how to resolve symbols (i.e. how the code is eventually loaded), I
would be appreciative.

Thanks,
Lynn