Re: ELF Symbol Visibility

> Out of interest, are 8-bit Latin-1 characters legal in ChangeLogs?  I
> guess they should be, but I don't recall ever seeing it...

Well, legal :-) I've been using that for quite some time now in GCC
ChangeLogs, and so far nobody has complained. I guess it would become
an issue if Japanese or Polish contributors want to get their names
directly visible as well. I guess Mr Kojima or Mr Rozycki might have
an opinion on that.

I personally don't mind using something more general, like UTF-8 (even
though my Emacs could not display that correctly, yet). However, I'd
prefer if the times of transcribing names are past.

Regards,
Martin