Binutils: new releases.

The latest binutils release (binutils-2.9.1) on the gnu mirrors is quite
old.  I know Mumit Khan has lots of pathces for the x86-pe targets and
apparently there have been lots of powerpc and/or powerpc-linux target
changes.

It would be nice if there could be a binutils releases 4 times a year, 2
times a year, or at least once a year.  This way uses can have
reasonably up to date binutils without going to the bleeding bleeding
bleeding edge CVS source code.

Maybe there is a better way to get less bleeding edge source code from
CVS.  I guess checking out with the appropriate tags but I have no idea
what those tags would be.  Could I ask that these more stable tags be
put on a web site and posted to the binutils list.

Are there any other suggestions for getting the latest binutils source
code that is known to compile and is recommended by the binutils
maintainers, as apposed to the latest bleeding bleeding edge CVS source
or snaphots.

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.