Re: Link error with today's CVS binutils

   Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 14:46:33 -0600
   From: Eric DeVolder <devolder@evsx.com>

   The `(NOLOAD)' directive will mark a section to not be loaded at run time. The
   linker will process the section normally, but will mark it so that a program
   loader will not load it into memory.

   I interpret this to mean that a NOLOAD section will still occupy space in the
   memory map/image of the application, but won't get loaded (like .bss).

   If my interpretation is correct (and the documentation is correct), then I
   think NOLOAD isn't working correctly in the example I've provided.

   Regardless, its behavior has changed from 2.9.1 to now. We need to correct
   either the documentation or the linker.

I think the 2.9.1 behaviour is probably correct, so I think this is a
bug.

I have no idea what changed.

Ian