Re: GNU linker and Function stubs on mips.

  Mark, what would these patches do on Irix 6?  Should they be

I don't see any reason to think anything would go wrong.  Curiously,
I'm probably going to be picking up the Irix6 ld work more actively
again soon, so I'll check it out then.

  conditional on IRIX_COMPAT somehow?  It seems to me that they are MIPS
  ELF ABI compliant.

I don't think IRIX_COMPAT needs to be checked, but I could be wrong.