Re: preparing for binutils 2.10

   From: Philip Blundell <Philip.Blundell@pobox.com>
   Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 08:35:34 +0000

   Please build the current sources from CVS on your favourite
   platforms, run the testsuite, and send me the results.  If you can
   try building some real software (the larger the better) with the
   tools as well, that would be a bonus.  Also, if you're aware of
   severe bugs or regressions since 2.9.1 that should be fixed before
   a new release, please speak up now.

Right now, binutils won't build straight from CVS on the Hurd.  I sent
a message (including a patch) to the binutils list but it went unnoticed:

   http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/binutils/1999-q3/msg00757.html

While re-reading that message I noticed a small typo that might cause
some confusion.  What I meant to say was that the definition of the
the hertz() macro in gprof/hertz.h makes it impossible to compiler
gprof/hertz.c (I got it right in the ChangeLog entry).

I hope this can be resolved before the 2.10 release.

Mark