Re: binutils 2.9.5.0.37 is released.

   Date: Wed, 19 Apr 00 18:38:03 CDT
   From: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (Michael Sokolov)

   "H . J . Lu" <hjl@valinux.com> wrote:

   > This is the beta release of binutils 2.9.5.0.37 for Linux, which is
   > based on binutils 2000 0418 plus various changes. It is purely for
   > Linux [...]

   Sorry for my ignorance, but just out of curiosity, why does Linux need special
   binutils? (Presumably so special that merger with the mainstream isn't an
   option, right?)

HJ is impatient with the admittedly very slow GNU release schedule.
He makes a new release for every bug fix.

His releases are based on the development sources.  We try to
eliminate any differences between them.

The only significant difference I know of these days is the demangler
support, which is waiting on the gcc team for approval.

Ian