Re: problem with gas

I'm guessing that you have handwritten asm code, then you probably need to use the
-mregnames to allow GAS to recognize the 'r' prefix to register numbers.

file t.s:
.text
 add r3,r4,r5

dallas % /usr/local/comp/ppc/gcc-2.95.2/bin/ppc-elf-as t.s
t.s: Assembler messages:
t.s:4: Error: unsupported relocation type
t.s:4: Error: unsupported relocation type
t.s:4: Error: unsupported relocation type
dallas %

the above only assembles with -mregnames

dallas % /usr/local/comp/ppc/gcc-2.95.2/bin/ppc-elf-as -mregnames t.s
dallas %