Re: [patch] gas -- @ Character in macro expansion

   Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:16:19 -0700
   From: Catherine Moore <clm@cygnus.com>

   This patch addresses a problem that I am seeing with the
   expansion of the @ character in macros.  The doc says that
   the @ character will expand to the number of times the macro
   was invoked.  We are currently prepending leading zeroes to this
   number.  So for this test case:

   The parser thinks that we are processing octal numbers (due to the
   leading zeroes) and rejects values 00008 and 00009.  I would
   like to change the macro expander so that it no longer prepends the
   zeroes.  What do others think?

I think the expected use of @ was L\@, to produce a unique label.  It
seems odd to parse \@ as a number.

However, I guess as documented, there is no need for the leading
zeroes, and I can't think of anything that would break if they were
removed, so I guess this is OK.

Ian