Re: textdomain warning removal

Ben Elliston <bje@redhat.com> wrote:

> GDB now requires an ISO C compiler
> to build it (e.g. GCC).

Ouch. That's unfortunate. I guess I can forget about gdb now... Oh well,
source-level debugging isn't that important anyway. Debugging via front panel
lights and switches on the CPU cabinet and/or the console ODT in the processor
microcode is fine with me...

> Can't the binutils follow suit?

No way! binutils are a bootstrap package and *MUST* build on native UNIX
systems with their native K&R C compilers.

--
Michael Sokolov		Harhan Engineering Laboratory
Public Service Agent	International Free Computing Task Force

Phone: +1-214-824-7693 (Harhan Eng Lab office)
E-mail: msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG (ARPA TCP/SMTP) (UUCP coming soon)