Re: change for configuring on FreeBSD

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 11:26:23AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>    Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 11:11:09 -0700
>    From: "H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org>
>
>    I don't know if it matters or not since I am not planning to use 2.10.
>    There are many changes in the main trunk which are required for Linux.
>
> Are you willing to work with the binutils maintainers so that you will
> release 2.10, or are you simply ruling that out a priori?  Is there
> any possibility that you will ever use an official GNU release, or do
> you insist on going your own way?

I simply don't have the time to work on 2.10. Unless 2.10 has all
the patches in the main trunk I like, I don't think I can do anything
about it. It would be nice that a new binutils can be released at
least every month. But it is very unrealistic.

BTW, I am using cvs import to keep track sourceware. It won't be easy
to use it for both the main trunk and the release branch. I can only
pick one. Since I don't expect the release branch will have everything
I need, I chose the main trunk.

H.J.