Re: All those old patches.

Geoff Keating wrote:

> > Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:09:16 +0200
> > From: Momchil Velikov <velco@fadata.bg>
> >
> > I'd propose getting rid of `ppc_elf_howto_raw' and
> > `ppc_elf_howto_init()'
> > and statically initializing `ppc_elf_howto_table'.
>
> How do you propose to initialise ppc_elf_howto_table statically,
> without encoding knowledge about the numbers the relocs have?

Of course, a static initialization would know about the
numbers of relocs. However, how often they change? I guess
the reloc numbers survive across several (if not all) ABI revisions.

> Otherwise, this would be good.  Statically initialised data is better.
>
> > Alternatively, in addition to applying the patch
> > we can remove the howto table initialization in
> > `ppc_elf_relocate_section'
> > -- resulting in the same count of invocasions of
> > `ppc_elf_howto_init' -- at least not making stuff any worse.
>
> Are you sure that it's never possible for the initialisation you are
> adding to be skipped?

I'm not sure :-/
What I'm relatively sure is that if relocate_section
is called, then check_relocs was called.

Regards,
-velco